June 30, 2011
Regents Daily News: June 30, 2011
The Mission of the Mission Statement
Here is the Mission Statement of Regents Academy:
Regents Academy, as a Christian ministry to families, provides a Christian and Classical education that trains students to view all areas of life and faith from a Christian worldview and equips students to lead lives of virtue, display mature character, love learning, and serve the Triune God.
Two foundational questions come to mind.
First, what is a mission statement?
A mission statement is a clear and succinct representation of an organization’s purpose for existence. The mission statement answers the question, “Why do we exist?”
And second, why is a mission statement needed?
1. To clarify to the members of the school’s community why it exists.
2. To make clear to those outside the community the distinctive work and purpose of the school.
3. To differentiate yourself from similar organizations; to state what is unique about you that separates you from others.
4. To hold those accountable who are tasked with accomplishing the work of the school.
5. To hold before the members of the school community what is essential and abiding, and what is temporary and negotiable. That is, to preserve the school’s unique and God-glorifying purpose for generations to come.