2021-2022 Academic Year
The following process is to be followed in the collection of tuition, in determining the appropriate amount of tuition and fees due, and the consistent application of discounts, refunds, and the assessment of late/other fees. Regents Academy uses a third-party tuition management system called FACTS (https://factsmgt.com; see FACTS Tuition Management FAQ Sheet below), which provides families flexibility in determining their tuition payment plan. FACTS has its own mandatory enrollment fee of $20 or $50/family, which is determined by the specific plan families choose when creating a FACTS account.
- Tuition Rates: Tuition rates are based on the payment plan selected by each family according to the FACTS Tuition Management System (10 month; semi-annual; pay in full).
K Prep and Kindergarten: $6,000/year.
Grades 1-8: $6,000/year.
Grades 9-12: $6,200/year.
- Supply and Book Usage Fees/Discount: A non-refundable supply and book usage fee is due with registration (see amounts below). However, registration deposits received in full, on or before May 10, result in a 50% discount on all supply and book usage fees.
K Prep & Kindergarten: $300 (50% discount – $150)
Grades 1st thru 6th: $300 (50% discount – $150)
Grades 7th thru 12th: $500 (50% discount – $250)
- New Student Application/Testing Fee: A non-refundable “new student” application/testing fee of $75 ($150 max/family) is required with all new student applications to cover costs associated with entrance testing, student placement, and other related administrative expenses. This fee should be paid directly (via cash or check) at the school office when visiting the campus for the assessment and family interview.
- Legacy Fund Fee: The Regents Academy Legacy Fund provides for the continued growth, improvement, and expansion of the school’s facilities. The Legacy Fund fee is $500/student with a maximum of $1,000/family for families with multiple students. Any new students coming into Regents Academy will be assessed this fee with registration. Families may choose to pay this fee in its entirety at the time of registration, or have the fee calculated into their tuition payment plan. Funds raised through the annual Big Serve event can be used to offset all or part of the $500/student or $1,000/family Legacy Fund Fee for the following Academic Year.
- Tuition Deposit and Fees Due at Registration/Re-enrollment: A tuition deposit for the final month’s tuition (May 2022) is due by May 10 in order to register for classes. The tuition deposit (only) becomes non-refundable after July 1st (i.e., at the start of Regents fiscal year).
- Tuition Due Dates: Families select from a list of tuition due dates when creating their FACTS account and selecting a tuition payment plan (see FACTS Tuition Management FAQ Sheet below).
- Late/NSF (Insufficient Funds) Fees: A $50 late fee will be assessed automatically by FACTS if a family has a 2nd payment attempt fail.
- Tuition Non-Payment Expulsion: In the case of re-occurring delinquent payments, students may not be allowed to return to class, unless prior arrangements have been made with the headmaster. In this case, Parent(s)/Guardian(s) shall meet with the headmaster to discuss their specific situation and develop a payment plan for resolving their non-payment issues. In these circumstances, any arrangements made with the headmaster are contingent upon board approval.
- Annual Tuition Commitment Policy: Regents Academy plans its expenditures annually based on the summation of annual, individual student tuition. The vast majority of Regents Academy expenditures are one-time or annual commitments (such as books or staff wages) and cannot be adjusted or reduced after the start of the school year. Therefore, by sending students to Regents Academy, Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) are committing to pay the full annual tuition, regardless of attendance. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) may petition the board for reimbursement due to unique and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- Special Payment Policy: Families with special financial circumstances may petition the board, in writing, requesting relief from any section of this policy, as appropriate. The board will meet in executive session to discuss all requests confidentially and provide a written response, from the headmaster, as to the determination of the board. The decision of the board is final.
- Grant & Aid Process: Families who find themselves philosophically aligned with the school yet lack the financial resources to pay tuition are encouraged to submit an application through the school’s grant and aid portal on FACTS. Applications are then reviewed by the board in executive session, and award decisions are communicated by the headmaster. The application window for the 2021-22 academic year opens on February 1.
Regents Academy, a Christian and Classical School, admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to other students at the school. Regents Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or other school-administered programs.