I am very glad to report that we are beginning this new school year enjoying many blessings from the Lord. Here’s a glimpse at some of the many good things Regents Academy has going this year:
- We began this school year with 117 students, and our total now is up to 118. This is the highest enrollment our school has ever had.
- We have 32 new students this year. That’s 20 new families. This is the most new students and new families we have ever had. If you do the math, you see that one out of every four students is a new student.
- We added three new faculty members who bring tremendous talent and energy to our campus: Lance Vermillion, Academic Dean; Lindsey McDonald, Spanish Teacher; and Ruby Woodard, 5th-12th Grade Art Teacher.
- We have a beautiful campus, school bus, soccer field, playgrounds, a fully equipped science lab, a computer lab, a well-stocked library, and a gifted and devoted staff.
- We are led by a dedicated board who has formulated a 5-year strategic plan for the school’s continued development and the advancement of the school’s mission.
- We have represented in our school more than 20 different churches.
- We have raised nearly $100,000 through the BIG Serve the last three years and connected to hundreds of donors around the country.
- We have a full athletic and extracurricular program with most of our eligible students participating.
- We plan to complete our school’s accreditation soon through the Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools.
- We are piloting a program led by Mrs. Kara Bertke designed to help struggling students, and we are continuing to build our student mentoring program which encourages our older students to tutor and serve our younger students who need help.
Whew! That’s a lot to be thankful for. And I am. I hope you are too.