2017-2018 Academic Year
The following process is to be followed in the collection of tuition, in determining the appropriate amount of tuition and fees due and the consistent application of discounts, refunds and the assessment of late/other fees.
- Tuition Rates: Tuition rates are based on a 10-month payment schedule and are as follows. Please note #8 below (Annual Tuition Commitment Policy), which states that by sending students to Regents Academy, Parents/Guardians are committing to pay the full annual tuition, regardless of attendance.
Kindergarten Prep (K4) and Kindergarten: $460/month or $4,600/year.
Grades 1st thru 6th: $480/month or $4,800/year.
Grades 7th thru 12th: $500/month or $5,000/year.
- Supply and Book Usage Fees/Discount: A non-refundable supply and book usage fee is due with registration per the following schedule:
K Prep & Kindergarten: $300
Grades 1st thru 6th: $300
Grades 7th thru 12th: $500
- New Student Application/Testing Fee: A non-refundable “new student” application/testing fee of $50 ($100 max/family) is required with all “New Student” applications to cover costs associated with entrance testing, student placement and their related administrative expenses.
- Tuition Deposit and Fees Due at Registration: a tuition deposit for the last month’s tuition (May 2018) is due when registering for classes. The tuition deposit (only) becomes non-refundable after July 1st (start of Regents fiscal year) and is due along with the applicable (non-refundable) Supply and Book Usage Fee and New Student Application/Testing fees (per #2 and #3 above respectively). Registration deposits received, in full, on or before May 10, 2017, are eligible for a 50% discount on all Supply and Book Usage Fees as follows: KPrep, K, and Grades 1-6 = $150 and Grades 7-12 = $250.
- Tuition Due Dates: All tuition is due by the 1st of every month from August to April (through May if registering after August 1) and is non-refundable at that time. If payment cannot be made on or before the 10th of the month, the Parent(s) must contact the headmaster.
- Late/NSF (Insufficient Funds) Fees: A $50 Late Fee is added after the 10th for every month tuition(s) are past due. The $50 Late Fee may be waived if prior arrangements have been made with Headmaster. NSF Checks (“bounced checks”) will be considered NON-PAYMENT and assessed an NSF Fee, in addition to the above $50 Late Fee(s) as applicable.
- Tuition Non-Payment Expulsion: After 2 months of non-payment the child is not allowed to return to class, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Headmaster. In this case, Parent(s) shall meet with the Headmaster to discuss their specific situation and develop a payment plan for resolving their non-payment issues. In these circumstances, any arrangements made with the Headmaster are contingent upon Board approval.
- Annual Tuition Commitment Policy: Regents Academy plans its expenditures annually based on the summation of annual, individual student tuition. The vast majority of Regents Academy expenditures, are one-time or annual commitments (such as Books or Teacher Wages/Fringes) and cannot be adjusted or reduced after the start of the school year. Therefore, by sending students to Regents Academy, Parents/Guardians are committing to pay the full annual tuition, regardless of attendance. Parents/Guardians may petition the Board of Directors for reimbursement due to unique and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- Special Payment Policy: With Board approval, the Headmaster may allow a family to pay over a period of months that differs from the normal 10-month payment cycle. However, in all circumstances, tuition must be paid in full on or before May 1, 2018, (see Registration Deposit above) and this policy cannot extend beyond a 12-month payment cycle (starting June 1, 2017).
- Special Circumstances Policy: Families with Special Financial or other unique circumstances may petition the Board of Directors, in writing, requesting relief from any section of this policy, as appropriate. The Board will meet in executive session to confidentially discuss all requests and provide a written response, from the Headmaster, as to the determination of the Board. The decision of the Board is final.
Regents Academy, a Christian and Classical School, admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to other students at the school. Regents Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or other school-administered programs.